Sultan Singh Building
colonial style building is one of the few in the area which marked the
beginning of the Hotel Industry in India. Built in the year 1900 (approx.)
the building originally was the Cecil Hotel. Two buildings of the original
hotel remain. Both of these double storey buildings have different plan
forms. One with the rectangular plan form was originally the Banquet Hall
of the hotel and is now used as the Assembly Hall of the school. The original
wooden flooring and the domed roof are still intact.
The other building is currilinear with an arched verandah on the ground
floor and a colonnaded verandah on the first floor. This must have been
part of the guest rooms of the hotel and is now being used for the residential
purposes of the Fathers of the Mission. The construction is in brick walls
plastered, cement flooring, and jack arch roofing.