Ramjas Sr. Sec. School No. 2
Lady Reading Health School
Started 125 years ago as a small house on the present Victoria
school premises to give shelter to abandoned women and children, St. Mary's
Home was then called "Refuge Home". Named St. Mary's Home in 1900, it
has served women and children in an acknowledged way.
This building, built in 1925, also houses two girls schools. It is built
with composite stone and brick masonry. The arched verandah has semi-circular
brick arches resting on blue stone pillars and walls; a style in vogue
at that time. The construction technique and use of local materials reflect
that economy was the main consideration. The building is still maintained
with minimum objectionable transformations.