Balak Mata Centre
St. Stephens' Church
Old Delhi Railway Station
L. N. Girdharilal School
In 1862 Ghazi-ud-Din Khan founded a Madarsa near a Mosque
just outside Shajahanabad's Ajmeri Darwaza. Unlike many others this Madarsa
is distinctive in as much as it is separate and independent from the mausoleum.
Called variously as Ghazi-ud-Din Madarsa, or Anglo-Arabic School, or Delhi
College, or Zakir Hussain College, the building has been used both as
a school and a college. This building was one of the centres of the "Delhi
Renaissance" during the 1830's and 1840's.
Many eminent Delhiwalas have been its alumni. Built in the Indo Sarasnic
style, this complex is architecturally rich in design having all the desired
elements and components of a Madarsa that is, Mosque, Makhtab, a library
and a double-tier of Hujras for the students.
building is one of the few remaining specimens of the traditional Mughal
School. It has been used in many different ways but the cardinal use has
always been educational. Additions and alterations have been carried out
adjacent to the historic building for fulfilling additional requirements
in keeping with the English system of Higher Education. Periodical repairs
have been carried out with taste and care.
This building is a fine example of a religio-educational endowment. Architecturally
well designed this building reflects the glory of an educational institution